This wildly flavorful and beautiful dish (which happens to also be healthful) is as impressive tasting as it is looking.
- chopped fresh ginger
- fish sauce
- fresh lemon juice
- garlic cloves
- ground black pepper
- Head of Napa cabbage
- Korean red pepper coarse powder
- rice vinegar
- Sea Bass:
- Sesame Oil
- toasted sesame seeds
- whole sea bass
- For the kimchi, quarter the cabbage lengthwise then cut across into 2-inch pieces. Transfer to a bowl. Combine the salt and 6 cups of water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat and let cool 3 minuets. Pour the mixture over the cabbage and let stand, stirring occasionally, until tender, 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 500Â°F. Lightly oil a large rimmed baking sheet.
- While the cabbage soaks make the dressing. Combine the garlic, ginger, fish sauce and vinegar in a blender
- Rinse the bass under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Rub both fish, inside and out, with the sesame oil. Combine the lemon juice and fish sauce in a bowl. Rub the mixture over the inside and outside of the fish. Season with the pepper. Sprinkle one-third of the scallions onto the baking sheet and set the fish on top. Sprinkle one-third of the scallions into the cavities of the fish and then sprinkle the tops with the rest.
- Roast the bass until the skin is browned and the fish flakes easily with a fork, 22-24 minutes. Remove from the oven and filet fish before serving. Serve with the kimchi and lemon wedges.