This roasted mushroom risotto is easy to make but is an elegant meal for any occasion. Easy to customize with any vegetable you like.
- Arborio Rice
- dried Chanterelle mushrooms
- dry white wine (such as Chardonnay)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh Thyme Leaves
- garlic clove
- Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and pepper
- unsalted butter
- vegetable broth or stock
- white mushrooms
- Yellow onion
- Preheat oven to 425Â°F
- Place the dried chanterelle mushrooms and pour boiling water over them. Let them soak for twenty minutes.
- Place the white mushrooms on a large rimmed sheet tray and toss with olive oil, thyme and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Spread into a single layer and place in preheated oven. Roast for 15 minutes, stir, and roast for another 10-15 minute or until golden brown and cooked. Meanwhile, bring stock to a simmer in a saucepan.
- In a deep, heavy, medium sized sautÃ© pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add rehydrated and drained chanterelles, garlic and onion and sautÃ© for about 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add the rice and cook for another 2-3 minutes to toast the rice, stirring frequently.
- Add the white wine and bring to a boil. Reduce liquid by about half, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese and roasted mushrooms. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.