Not every holiday table needs an entire bird. For smaller gatherings â€“ or for families that prefer to eat breast meat only, turkey breast is every bit as delicious and festive.
- Yield: 8-12 Servings
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 6 1/2-7 pound whole turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Set oven rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 350°.
- Rinse turkey and pat dry with paper towels. Rub butter all over turkey.
- Combine the sugar, salt, cumin, paprika, garlic powder and black pepper in a small bowl
- Place turkey breast, skin side up, on the wire rack. Pour 1 1/2 cups water into the bottom of the pan. Roast turkey breast 1 hour, if turkey skin begins to brown too quickly then cover it loosely with a sheet of aluminum foil. Baste the turkey with pan juices. Continue to roast the turkey an additional 45-60 minutes, basting every 15 minutes, or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the breast registers 165°.