Piled high with fresh berries and topped with a sweet cream cheese frosting, these light white cupcake are also filled with blueberries, raspberries, and a subtle hint of almond â€“ a must for summer celebrations.
about 15 cupcakes
- All Purpose Flour
- Almond extract
- Baking powder
- Cream cheese
- Egg whites
- For the Cupcakes
- For the Frosting
- Powdered sugar
- unsalted butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Whole milk
- For the cupcakes, preheat oven to 350Â°F.
- Toss blueberries with 1 tablespoon of the flour and set aside.
- Place remaining flour, salt and baking powder in separate bowl and whisk together.
- Cream butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg whites, one at a time, mixing until fully combined.
- Add vanilla and almond extract.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients with milk.
- Gently fold in blueberries and raspberries.
- Line cupcake tin with paper liners and fill Â¾ of the way full with cupcake batter.
- Bake at 350Â°F for about 24 minutes, rotating once halfway through.
- Cool cupcakes completely before topping with frosting.
- For the frosting, cream butter and cream cheese on medium speed and add vanilla extract.
- Slowly start adding powdered sugar Â½ cup at a time. The amount you need will depend on how sweet you want the frosting to be. Adding more powdered sugar will yield a stiffer frosting for piping.
- Spread or pipe frosting on to cooled cupcakes. Store cupcakes in an air tight container and refrigerate.