These cookies are the perfect finger food treat for an afternoon of entertaining friends and family.
- Yield: 5 dozen
- Course: Dessert
- Seedless raspberry preserves
- Toasted almonds
- Whole Egg (white & yolk)
- In a blender, grind the first 4 ingredients until finely ground. With mixer, beat he butter and sugar together until light. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Mix in the flour mixture.
- Between 2 sheets of waxed paper, roll Â½ the dough into a 7â€x10â€ rectangle. Repeat with the remaining dough. Chill flat for 1 hour.
- Take out the dough from the refrigerator. Remove the top piece of waxed paper and spread evenly Â¼ cup of the raspberry preserves over each dough rectangle. Roll into a cylinder, jellyroll fashion.
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F. Slice the dough cylinders into Â¼â€ thick rounds. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Makes 5 dozen snaps.