Grilled veggies add depth to this herb-y wild rice salad. Serve this as a side at your next cookout, or as a simple main dish on a weeknight.
- Yield: Serves - 3-4 as a main dish, 6-8 as a side
All you need for this recipe and more...
1 cup dry wild rice
2 cups water
1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
5 spring onions, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 pound asparagus, sliced
1/2 pound radishes, halved
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, torn
1/4 cup fresh parsley, torn
1/4 cup fresh basil, torn
1/4 cup fresh mint, torn
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of sugar
Pinch of salt
1. Pour the rice into a Circulon® Innovatum 2 Qt. Covered Saucepan and cover with the water and stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 40-45 minutes, or until the rice is tender and beginning to split.
2. Meanwhile, preheat a grill pan or a grill to medium heat. Toss the onions, asparagus and radishes with the olive oil and a pinch of salt. Grill the vegetables until they are tender and grill marks appear, about 4-5 minutes.
3. Make the vinaigrette: whisk all ingredients together until blended.
4. Toss the rice with the vegetables, fresh herbs and vinaigrette. Serve warm.