A meatless meal for a quick, easy and healthy taco Tuesday.
- Yield: Makes 10 to 12 tacos
- Course: Lunch
All you need for this recipe and more...
- ¾ cup quinoa
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 14.5-ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1¼ cups vegetable stock
- 1½ cups small-diced sweet potato
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 chipotle chili pepper in adobo, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 to 12 flour or corn tortillas
- Taco fixings (shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, Cheddar cheese)
- Place quinoa, black beans, tomatoes, vegetable stock, sweet potato, taco seasoning and chipotle pepper into the Microwave Pressure Cooker. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Place the lid on the Microwave Pressure Cooker and lock into the closed position.
- Cook the taco filling on HIGH for 25 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure come down naturally by leaving the lid on the cooker until the white pressure indicator has dropped.
- Add the cilantro and fluff the mixture with a fork.
- Serve in the tortillas with shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, avocado, sour cream or cheddar cheese as desired.