- boneless chicken breasts and thighs (any combination)oneless chicken breasts and thighs (any combination)
- Chopped onion
- dried thyme
- green pepper
- lower sodium chicken broth
- red wine
- tomato paste
- Cook the bacon in a large deep skillet. Remove it from the pan and set it on a plate lined with paper towels to drain. When itâ€™s cool, cut or tear the bacon into 1/2-inch pieces. Pour off the bacon fat from the skillet, allowing only a thin film to remain.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, thyme and salt in a bowl. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture.
- Heat the skillet in which the bacon cooked over medium high, add the chicken and cook 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Turn the chicken, cook 2 minutes, and add the carrots, mushrooms, onion and green pepper to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the wine, broth and tomato paste to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened and the chicken cooked through. Stir the bacon back in and serve.