Pumpkin pie meets bread pudding in this rich yet easy dessert.
- Yield: 9 servings
- 6 cups stale bread cubes
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter 8-inch square baking pan. Place half the bread cubes, chocolate chips and cranberries in pan
- In large bowl, whisk together half-and-half, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Pour over bread mixture.
- Place bread pudding pan in bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.