Use refrigerated or frozen shredded potatoes to make these veggie packed pancakes in minutes. Or stir together the night before and have ready in the refrigerator to cook for breakfast.
2 pancakes per serving
- Finely chopped onion
- generous grind of fresh black pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese
- kale leaves cut in thin strips
- olive oil
- refrigerated or frozen shredded potatoes
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a medium bowl. Stir well to combine. If using frozen potatoes, let stand 5-10 minutes for potatoes to thaw slightly. (Can cover and refrigerate up to 12 hours before cooking).
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Stir potato mixture again. Scoop two or three 1/4 cup mounds into skillet and flatten to make 3-4-inch pancakes. Cook on medium-low heat 3-4 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through, turning once. Repeat with remaining oil and potato mixture. Serve warm.