Make this crowd-pleaser ahead of time through step #3, place the cutlets on the baking sheet and top them with the sauce and cheese. Just before serving, bring the pork to room temperature and finish in the oven for the final 10 minutes of cooking, or until theyâ€™re heated through.
- All Purpose Flour
- Dried basil
- Dried Oregano
- ground black pepper
- large eggs
- Mozzarella cheese
- olive oil
- Parmesan Cheese
- plain bread crumbs
- prepared marinara sauce
- thin sliced boneless center cut pork chops
- Preheat the oven to 350Â°F. Lightly oil a large baking sheet.
- On a large plate combine the flour, salt and pepper. Place the eggs in a large bowl. Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano and basil on a separate large plate. Working 1 chop at a time, coat the pork with flour, shaking off excess. Next, dip the slice into the egg mixture to coat, again shaking off the excess then dredge in the bread crumb mixture and set on a separate plate. Repeat with the remaining chops.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 4 pork chops and cook until golden, 2-3 minutes per side. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet and repeat with remaining chops.
- Place pork chops on the prepared baking sheet. Spoon 2 tablespoons sauce onto each then top with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Bake until the cheese melts and the pork is cooked through, about 10 minutes.