This twist on a classic poke bowl features sweet pineapple, mildly spicy jalapeno, and bright lime sauce. But feel free to mix it up—use a different grain, a different citrus in the sauce, a different type of chile, or even different toppings to make the recipe your own.
- Yield: 2 1/2 cups each
- Cuisine: Hawaiian
- Course: Entree
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 2/3 cup white or brown rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 8 ounces sushi grade ahi tuna, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 avocado, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
1. In a small Circulon® Momentum™ saucepan, cook the rice according to package directions. Set aside, covered if serving warm or uncovered if serving room temperature.
2. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, lime juice, and mirin. In a medium bowl, combine the tuna and 1/4 cup of the soy sauce mixture, tossing gently. Set aside 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium-low heat, toast the macadamia nuts, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool.
4. Gently stir the avocado into the tuna mixture. Arrange the rice in bowls and top with the tuna mixture. Arrange the pineapple, jalapeno, and scallions around the tuna. Drizzle with the remaining soy sauce mixture, sprinkle with the macadamia nuts, and serve.