Filet Mignon â€˜grilledâ€™ on the cooktop for a crispy outside and finished in the oven for a perfectly tender inside.
- Course: EntrÃ©e
- chopped chives
- filet mignon
- freshly ground black pepper
- ghee or olive oil
- Sea salt
- Remove steaks from refrigerator and allow to rest on counter for a half hour. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and move oven rack to center position.
- Place a oven safe grill pan on cooktop. Turn heat to high and allow pan to heat for two-three minutes.
- While pan heats, sprinkle both sides of filet mignon with salt and pepper.
- Turn heat down to medium/high, add ghee or olive oil to hot pan.
- Carefully add steaks to grill pan. You should hear a loud pshhhh sound.
- Cook steak until a brown crust is established (about five minutes). Use tongs to turn steaks. Sear second side and then place pan in oven.
- Oven cook time: for rare - 5 minutes, for medium rare â€“ 6-7 minutes,
- Remove pan from oven, place Â½ a tablespoon of butter on each steak and allow steaks to â€˜restâ€™ for five minutes. Garnish with chives and serve.