Pan roasted pork chops with an aromatic ginger and allspice coating, topped with peaches glazed with the bite of balsamic vinegar, a dash of Worcestershire heat and brown sugar to bring a rich glaze!
- Yield: 4 servings
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 4 pork chops, bone in
- 1 teaspoon each allspice and ginger powder
- Salt and pepper olive oil, for cooking
- 1/2 lemon Glazed Peaches
- 1 tablespoon shallot, diced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 peaches, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Trim excess fat off pork chops and season with the spices, salt and pepper.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a large sautÃ© pan and cook chops on medium high for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Transfer to an oven proof dish, sprinkle with lemon juice and cook for 10-15 minutes or until cooked as desired.
- Meanwhile, drain excess fat from pan and add the shallot. Cook for 1-2 minutes to soften, then add the wine, sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil, add the peaches then reduce heat and simmer until peaches are just starting to soften.
- Serve the pork with the glazed peaches spooned over.