Prior to roasting the turkey, brine your turkey for up to 12 hours.
- For the Gravy
- For the Turkey:
- Garlic Powder
- ground black pepper
- ground sage
- kosher salt
- onion powder
- pan drippings
- sage leaves
- stick of butter
- turkey breast
- turkey broth
- unsalted butter
- For the Turkey: Preheat the oven to 350Â°F with the oven rack placed all the way to the bottom.
- Mix all of the spices together to form a rub and set to the side. Rinse and pat the turkey breast dry with paper towels. Grease the Circulon roaster rack with oil or butter (the metal rack portion). Place turkeyâ€“breast side up â€“on the rack. Rub 2 tablespoons softened butter under the skin of the turkey breast and place 12 sage leaves underneath the skin.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and mix the spices together. Slather it all over the top of the turkey breast.
- Place the turkey breast in the oven and cook for 2 hours until internal temperature reaches 165Â°F. (Turn turkey every 30 minutes and baste with the remaining 1 tablespoon of melted butter. Add the remaining 6 sage leaves to the bottom of the pan during the last hour to infuse the turkey drippings with sage and crisp the leaves.)
- Let the turkey rest for at least 15 minutes. Then slice.
- For the Gravy: While the turkey is resting, heat the half stick of butter on medium-high heat in a saucepan. Once the butter begins to foam and starts to turn golden in color pour the pan drippings into the saucepan. Let it cook for 1 minute on medium-high heat
- In a measuring cup, mix together the turkey broth and cornstarch. Gently whisk in the broth mixture to the saucepan and heat on medium. Whisk until thick and golden (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and serve beside with turkey.