I love really fresh fish, simply prepared, with just a little olive oil. Meyer lemons, with a hint of sweetness, add a subtle taste to the finished dish. Alaskan halibut is a wonderful choice for this preparation.
- coarse sea salt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- finely grated Meyer lemon zest
- freshly ground black pepper
- halibut fillets
- Meyer lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400Â° F
- Film a baking dish with about 1/3 of the olive oil.
- Season the fillets on both sides with the salt and pepper and place them in the baking dish.
- Drizzle with another 1/3 of the olive oil and put the baking dish in the oven. Roast the steaks until they are opaque and flake easily with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle on the lemon juice and the remaining olive oil, then sprinkle with the lemon zest.