One-Pot Shrimp DiabloBy Tanya Schroeder
This one pot wonder comes together quickly and it is made with simple ingredients. Make it extra spicy if you can handle the heat!
- Yield: 4-6 servings
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons Sambal Oelek (chili garlic paste)
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (32-ounce) container vegetable broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can petite-diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 1 pound box bucatini pasta
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Heat olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Stir in the chile paste. Add crushed tomatoes, vegetable stock and diced tomatoes. Stir in salt, pepper and oregano.
- Bring tomato mixture to a boil. Add pasta and reduce heat to medium low. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until pasta softens enough to stir into the sauce. Cover and continue to simmer sauce until the pasta is al dente and the sauce has reduced, about 15 minutes. Add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes or until shrimp are pink. Sprinkle with additional red pepper flakes before serving.