Thereâ€™s nothing like a good old fashioned oatmeal cookie. This one has a new fashioned twist. Whether orange brings out the best in chocolate or itâ€™s the other way around, this unique flavor combination is both fragrant and deep.
- Baking soda
- Grated zest from 1 orange
- kosher salt
- large eggs
- Light brown sugar
- milk chocolate chunks or chips
- old fashioned oats
- unsalted butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
- Beat butter, sugars and orange zest until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla extract.
- Add oats, flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chunks. Mix until just combined.
- Scoop or spoon into 1 1/2 inch balls on parchment lined baking sheets several inches apart.
- Bake 12-14 minutes until golden brown. Cool and remove from baking sheets.