A favorite childhood treat gets a sweet upgrade with the addition of chocolate-hazelnut spread. Drizzle each treat with chocolate and a sprinkle of sea salt for the ultimate treat.
- chocolate-hazelnut spread
- coarse sea salt
- dark chocolate or white chocolate chips
- For the topping:
- mini marshmallows
- pinch of salt
- rice cereal
- unsalted butter
- vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- Prepare a 9x13 pan by lightly greasing with oil or butter. Line the pan with parchment paper and an additional light coating of oil or butter.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Add in mini marshmallows and stir continuously until melted.
- Add vanilla extract, chocolate-hazelnut spread and a pinch of salt, stirring to combine.
- Mix in cereal, until all cereal is coated, and then press mixture into an even layer in the 9x13â€ pan. (Tip: to prevent cereal from sticking to your hands, coat your hands with a light layer of oil or butter before pressing the mixture into the pan.)
- Set aside pan aside to allow treats to firm up and then cut into squares.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over treats. Sprinkle with sea salt.