- Course: Dessert
All you need for this recipe and more...
6 cups crispy rice cereal
1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups dark or semisweet chocolate chips
Coarse sea salt for garnish
1. Grease a Farberware® 9x13-inch pan and line with parchment paper.
2. Place cereal in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
3. In 2 Qt. Farberware® saucepan, cook sugar and corn syrup over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Do not let mixture boil.
4. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, vanilla extract and pinch of salt.
5. Pour mixture over crispy rice cereal and stir until everything is well coated and combined.
6. Transfer to prepared pan and press down evenly.
7. To prepare topping, melt chocolate and spread evenly on top. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
8. Refrigerate bars for about an hour so chocolate can set up. Cut bars and enjoy at room temperature.