Mussels might seem fancy, but they’re really simple to make at home for a romantic night in. Serve with plenty of crusty bread for dipping into the delicious basil-butter sauce!
- Yield: Serves – 2
- Course: Entree
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 1 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed well
- Zest from ½ of a lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
Mussels with Basil-Butter Sauce
By Lauren Keating
1. Set a 12-inch Anolon® Nouvelle Copper Stainless Steel 12-Inch French Skillet over medium heat. Add the water and heat until it begins to bubble. Reduce heat to medium-low.
2. Using a silicone whisk, whisk in one piece of butter until completely melted. Repeat until all butter has been incorporated into a smooth sauce. Do not allow the sauce to boil.
3. Add the mussels. Cover and cook 5-7 minutes, or until shells open.
4. Stir in the basil and lemon zest. Remove from heat & serve.