These small sandwiches are the perfect addition to any spirited gathering! Both sweet and savory, these sliders combine sliced ham and Swiss cheese with an egg-y French toast exterior that is perfect for dunking in a bit of jam or drizzled with honey.
- Yield: Serves – 6
- Course: Breakfast
All you need for this recipe and more...
- French baguette
- fruit preserve of choice for service
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Whisk eggs and milk together until smooth. Heat a skillet or crepe pan over medium high heat and swirl Â½ tablespoon of butter across the bottom of the pan.
- Dip each piece of bread, front and back into the egg mixture and cook until golden brown on each side. Repeat with remaining bread and butter as space permits in the pan.
- Lay half of the French bread slices on a baking sheet. Top each piece with 2 slices of ham, folding as needed. Top with 1 slice of Swiss cheese and an additional piece of French toast. Bake sandwiches for 5 minutes, or until ham is hot and cheese is melted.
- Remove sandwiches from the oven, dust with powered sugar and serve with fruit preserve of choice.