Fresh blueberries, raspberries and strawberries baked under a blanket of golden crisp topping till the juices start bubbling over is the ultimate Spring dessert. This mixed berry crisp is easy to put together and best served warm with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Yield: 8 inch square baker serves 6-8
- Course: Dessert
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 1 cup rolled oats
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
4 ounces unsalted butter, cold and cubed
6 cups fresh berries
zest of 1 lemon
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place ½ cup all-purpose flour, light brown sugar, granulated sugar and salt in food processor.
- Add cubed, cold butter and pulse till butter is the size of small peas.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and mix in rolled oats. Refrigerate till ready to use.
- In large mixing bowl, toss fresh berries, lemon zest and sugar together.
- Add ¼ cup all-purpose flour and toss to coat.
- Transfer berries to an 8 inch square baking dish and top with crisp topping.
- Bake for 60 minutes till top is golden and juices start bubbling up. Serve warm or room temp with fresh whipped cream.