Freshly roasted almonds are coated with honey and dusted with a sweet powder infused with mint essence. A great coffee companion!
- about 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- confectionersâ€™ sugar
- corn starch
- raw almonds
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
- Place nuts on an oven tray and roast for 5-7 minutes or until aromatic and golden inside.
- Melt the honey in a small saucepan and add the almonds. Mix well, so all the nuts are coated in the honey, then turn into a sieve to drain off excess.
- Place the corn starch and sugar in a large zip lock bag. Add a few drops essence and shake bag well. Taste to see if there is enough mint flavor, and add more until you like the balance.
- Add almonds, seal bag and toss well, so all almonds have a thick white coating.
- Turn out mixture onto a paper lined tray to cool completely before placing in a glass jar or airtight container. These will keep in a cool spot or the refrigerator for 1-2 months.