A trio of beans is paired with fresh summer vegetables, such as heirloom tomatoes, cucumbers and fresh herbs, in this lightened Mediterranean bean salad. Eat as a main course dinner salad and have tasty leftovers the next day.
- chopped fresh basil
- Chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Chopped fresh oregano
- cooked garbanzo beans or chickpeas
- cooked kidney beans
- cooked white beans
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Kalamata or oil cured black olives
- ripe heirloom or other tomatoes of any variety
- sliced cucumber
- white wine or golden balsamic vinegar
- Combine the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper and pour over the cooked beans. Let this mixture marinate for at least 25 minutes.
- After marinating, stir the chopped basil, oregano, parsley and olives into the beans. Then gently add the tomatoes and cucumber, and stir to combine. Or you can spoon the beans into a bowl and garnish with the tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Note on cooking beans from dry:
- Tips & Techniques