Mango-mustard chutney imparts a sweet-and-sour Miami kiss to layers of juicy roasted pork, ham, and meltingly smooth Swiss cheese pressed between halves of soft Medianoche bread.
- Course: Lunch
All you need for this recipe and more...
Black Forest Ham
- cloves minced garlic
- cooking spray
- diced peeled fresh (or frozen) mango
- diced Spanish onion
- Dijon Mustard
- For the Mango Mustard Chutney
- For the Medianoche
- ground cumin
- lemon juice
- loaves Medianoche bread
- mango mustard chutney
- olive oil
- roast pork
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sriracha to taste
- Swish Cheese
- whole grain mustard
- For the Medianoche Slice loaves in half lengthwise.
- Spread mango chutney on each half.
- Layer both sides with the Swiss cheese, then pork and finally ham. Top with the remaining bread.
- Heat grill pan on medium high heat.
- Spray pan liberally with cooking spray and place sandwiches in pan. Place Panini press on top and cook for three to four minutes or until toasted
- Spray pan liberally with cooking spray and place sandwiches in pan. Place Panini press on top and cook for three to four minutes or until toasted.
- For the Mango Mustard Chutney Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and then add the next four ingredients. Saute, stirring often, until onions are translucent.
- Add the mango and lemon juice, turn the heat to low and cook for fifteen minutes or until the mango has broken down to a consistency similar to chunky applesauce.
- Add the mustards and Sriracha, cook an additional five minutes and then allow chutney to cool.
- Plan ahead! Mango chutney can be made in advance and refrigerated in a tightly sealed container for up to one week.