Mama’s MeatloafBy PotsandPans Culinary Team
- Yield: Serves 4 to 6
2 pounds mixed ground pork, ground veal and ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
1 small clove of garlic, minced
2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
½ cup tomato ketchup
1 tablespoon steak sauce
½ cup dried or Panko breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon onion powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
½ cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
1 14.5-ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
1. Combine the first ten ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well. Shape the mixture into a rectangular loaf just long enough to fit into the Microwave Pressure Cooker. Using a knife, score the top of the loaf in a diagonal pattern with ½-inch cuts. Place the meatloaf into the Microwave Pressure Cooker.
2. Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl and pour the sauce over the meatloaf.
3. Place the lid on the Microwave Pressure Cooker and lock into the closed position.
4. Cook the meatloaf on HIGH for 25 minutes.
5. When the time is up, let the pressure come down naturally by leaving the lid on the cooker until the white pressure indicator has dropped.
6. Allow the meatloaf to rest for a few more minutes and then transfer the meatloaf to a serving platter. Slice the meatloaf and drizzle the sauce over the slices. Sprinkle parsley on top and serve.