Everyoneâ€™s favorite comfort food gets turned into the ultimate party treat with macaroni and cheese cups! Whether you serve them with dinner, or at your holiday bash, theyâ€™re sure to be a hit.
12 macaroni and cheese cups
- All Purpose Flour
- cheddar cheese
- Dry Mustard
- elbow macaroni
- fresh ground pepper
- Italian style breadcrumbs
- unsalted butter
- Whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and set aside.
- Bring a 5-quart Dutch oven of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the macaroni according to the directions on the box until al dente, and drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a 2-Quart saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in the milk and cook, whisking continuously until thick and boiling, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add the cheese, whisking until melted. Whisk in dry mustard, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and mix in macaroni. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Add egg and stir to combine. Spoon macaroni and cheese into prepared muffin tins, packing tightly so they hold together.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the bread crumbs and cook, continuously stirring until they are toasted and golden, about 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle the toasted breadcrumbs over the macaroni and cheese cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden and bubbling. Let them cool in the pan about 10 minutes before removing them. Serve immediately.
- If baking mini macaroni and cheese cups, follow the steps as listed above. Grease two 12-cup mini muffin pans with oil or butter, and bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until golden and bubbling.