A lush, mouth melting shortbread with a deliciously subtle, nutty flavor and crunch, this shortbread uses no added fats or oils, relying entirely on the macadamia for its smooth texture.
- unbleached flour
- chilled skim milk
- cornstarch or rice flour
- raw macadamias
- Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 375Â°F. Lightly oil or line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the macadamia nuts, flours, sugar and ginger in a food processor and process to a fine powder.
- Add the egg and vanilla and pulse a couple of times
- Gradually pour in the milk while pressing the pulse button until mixture just starts to come together.
- Transfer to a floured board and knead gently to a smooth dough.
- Shape dough into bite-sized balls, place on non-stick or lined baking tray and press gently with a fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown on base. Cool on a wire rack before placing in sealed containers to store in a cool dark place for up to a month.