Green beans, tomatoes and garlic are a classic flavor combination and the perfect complimentary side for any entrée packed with a robust organic taste, such as Joanne's recipe for Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Olives.
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup yellow onions, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Over medium heat, warm the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 7-10 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to stir for 1 minute. Add the green beans and tomatoes, cover and cook over low heat until the green beans are very soft, 25 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove the cover and cook until the liquid is almost gone, 2-3 minutes.