These crave-worthy Loaded Skillet Mashed Potatoes are the perfect when you have leftover mashed potatoes. In fact, they are so good; you will find yourself making extra potatoes often!
- black pepper
- Chopped parsley
- crispy bacon
- kosher salt
- leftover mashed potatoes
- shredded cheddar cheese
- snipped scallions
- sour cream
- In a bowl, combine mashed potatoes, sour cream and flour, stirring vigorously until fully incorporated.
- Taste your potatoes, add some additional salt & pepper if needed for a full flavor.
- Lightly coat a large non-stick or cast iron frying pan with grapeseed or olive oil (just enough to coat the surface of the pan, you don't want a puddle of oil).
- Heat the pan over med-high heat for 1 minute, plop in the potatoes into sections and gently spread them across the surface of the pan without stirring the bottom around. Use your fingertips or a spatula to direct the potatoes across the pan.
- Sprinkle the cheese, bacon, scallions and parsley over-top the mashed potatoes and allow them to heat through for about 10-12 minutes, turning the stove down to a medium heat after a few minutes.
- A light crust will begin to form on the bottom of the potatoes. Just keep an eye on them since both pans and stoves vary. Reduce your heat to low if you feel the heat is too high.
- Once the potatoes are heated through and the cheese melts, serve the potatoes on their own or with kettle-style potato chips and enjoy.