Take a simple breaded chicken recipe to the next level by dipping it in a spicy sriracha sauce and then coating it in crunchy panko for a delicious, modern twist on a retro recipe.
- Course: EntrÃ©e
- black pepper
- chicken breasts
- Garlic Powder
- olive oil
- onion powder
- panko Japanese style breadcrumbs
- sriracha sauce
- In a medium bowl, mix together the panko, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, salt and paprika.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the flour in a small bowl.
- Place the sriracha sauce in a separate small bowl.
- Dredge each chicken breast first through the flour, then through the sriracha, then through the breadcrumb mixture.
- Carefully lay the chicken breast in the skillet using a pair of tongs to avoid oil burns (it will sizzle).
- Avoid overcrowding the chicken in the pan, so it cooks evenly.
- Cook for an additional 7 minutes.
- Drain any excess oil by placing chicken breasts on paper towels before serving.