Getting the family to eat more vegetables is easy when you sneak them into this Italian Sausage Veggie Pasta Bake recipe. The sauce helps hide the vegetables and no one will be the wiser if you chop them up into very small pieces.
- Course: Dinner
- finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- minced garlic
- Mozzarella cheese
- olive oil
- red bell pepper
- rigatoni pasta
- sweet Italian sausage links
- yellow squash
- In a stockpot, cook pasta per package directions, drain and rinse well to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- In a skillet, cook sausage per directions on package. Drain on paper towel then slice into medallions.
- Rinse pot pasta was cooked in, dry, and heat olive oil.
- Add vegetables and garlic. SautÃ© 5-8 minutes or until tender. Add sausage and sauce to pot with vegetables and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in pasta and half the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Sprinkle remaining cheeses over the top of the pasta.
- Cover and bake in a pre-heated 350Â°F oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve with Italian bread and a salad.