This IPA Fondue is a nod to fondue parties of the 70s... because drinking India Pale Ale is every bit as hipster today, as fondue was back then!
- All Purpose Flour
- cayenne pepper
- dark molasses
- India Pale Ale
- olive oil
- shredded Gruyere cheese
- shredded sharp cheddar
- Worcestershire sauce
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and olive oil.
- Whisk in flour and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly to make a roux. Roux should be a dark, golden caramel color.
- Slowly add beer and bring to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until mixture thickens.
- Add Worcestershire, molasses and cayenne, stirring thoroughly.
- Add cheese 1 cup at a time, thoroughly melting cheese after each addition.
- Whisk fondue until it is smooth and pour into fondue pot to serve.
- Serve with hearty bread, sweet apples, asparagus and grilled sausages for dipping.