This spicy, flavorful and completely vegetarian entrÃ©e blends all of the amazing herbs and spices you find in Indian food in a very easy to make recipe you can enjoy all summer long. Stir-fry never tasted so good!
- chopped oyster mushrooms
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- extra firm tofu
- For the rice
- fresh cilantro
- garam masala
- ground turmeric
- heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- summer squash chopped
- Bring 2 Â½ cups of water to a rapid boil in a saucepan. Add the butter and saffron rice. Reduce to low and bring mixture to a simmer and cook until softened, about 22 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the garam masala, turmeric, salt and pepper together. Toss the tofu cubes with about 1 tablespoon of the mixture.
- Preheat oven to 425Â° F. Lightly grease an 8 x 8 baking dish. Toss the tofu into the pan and bake for about 28 â€“ 32 minutes, or until crispy.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil into a wok, stir-fry pan or large skillet. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add in the zucchini, squash, mushrooms and carrots. Cook until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add in the tofu, remaining spice mixture, diced tomatoes and flour. Stir to coat.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook about 5 more minutes. Add crushed red pepper and remove from heat.
- Stir in the cream. Serve the mixture in a bowl with the rice, cilantro and enjoy!