Placing chopped, fresh herbs under, rather than on top of the skin, helps infuse the meat with flavor. As an added bonus, the turkey will perfume your house with a delectable aroma as it cooks.
- Bay Leaf
- Chicken Broth
- fresh sage 2 leaves
- fresh thyme
- Fresh Thyme Leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- garlic cloves
- unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 425Â°F.
- Combine the onion, carrot, celery, bay leaf, and 2 sprigs thyme in the bottom of a roasting pan. Remove and discard the giblets from the turkey
- Combine the chopped sage, thyme leaves, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Rub the mixture both under and over the skin. Place the remaining thyme sprigs and sage sprigs in turkey cavity
- Place turkey breast side up on vegetable mixture in the roasting pan
- Pour the pan drippings through a wire sieve into a fat separator, pressing on the solids with a rubber spatula