Herb Rubbed Roasted TurkeyBy Marge Perry & David Bonom
Placing chopped, fresh herbs under, rather than on top of the skin, helps infuse the meat with flavor. As an added bonus, the turkey will perfume your house with a delectable aroma as it cooks.
- Bay Leaf
- Chicken Broth
- fresh sage 2 leaves
- fresh thyme
- Fresh Thyme Leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- garlic cloves
- unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 425Â°F.
- Combine the onion, carrot, celery, bay leaf, and 2 sprigs thyme in the bottom of a roasting pan. Remove and discard the giblets from the turkey
- Combine the chopped sage, thyme leaves, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Rub the mixture both under and over the skin. Place the remaining thyme sprigs and sage sprigs in turkey cavity
- Place turkey breast side up on vegetable mixture in the roasting pan
- Pour the pan drippings through a wire sieve into a fat separator, pressing on the solids with a rubber spatula