Equally at home at a luncheon or as a side dish for steak or fish, these stuffed tomatoes add retro-cool and delicious flavor to any plate.
- Course: Side Dish
- Chopped parsley
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- fresh breadcrumbs
- garlic cloves
- ground black pepper
- shredded Gruyere cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350Â°F. Lightly oil an 8-inch square-baking dish.
- Take a thin slice off the top of each tomato. With a spoon, scoop out the seeds and pulp and discard them. Sprinkle the inside of the tomatoes with 1/8 teaspoon of the salt and place them, them cut side down, on a rack
- Meanwhile, spread the breadcrumbs on a large baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, until toasted and golden, 7-8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium and add the pancetta. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 4 -5 minutes. Stir in the shallots and garlic
- Bake 15 minutes, uncover and continue to bake until the top is lightly browned, another 4-5 minutes.