A colorful mÃ©lange of summer vegetables with a smoky acidic dressing that will complement many a meal.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- garlic clove
- imported black or green olives
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Red Bell Peppers
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare a charcoal grill.
- Grill the corn and peppers 4 inches from the coals, turning occasionally, until the skins of the peppers are black, the corn husks are black, and the corn kernels are light golden when the husk is pulled back, 6 to 10 minutes. Remove from the grill and transfer the peppers to a paper or plastic bag, close tightly, and let cool for 10 minutes. Let the corn cool.
- Remove the husks and silk. Cut the kernels from the cob and set aside. Scrape the charred skin from the pepper with a knife, then seed and stem the pepper. Reserve pepper flesh separately.
- In a blender, puree the pepper, tomato, garlic, vinegar, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, strain through a fine mesh strainer, and reserve.
- On individual serving plates, divide the vinaigrette evenly among the plates. In a large bowl, toss together the corn and arugula and distribute onto the plates. Garnish with olives and cherry tomatoes. Shave the Parmigiano over the top. Serve immediately.