Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Mango, Avocado and Creamy Sriracha SauceBy Marge Perry & David Bonom
Make these healthy sandwiches the night before—they keep well in the refrigerator for up to a day.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings
- Course: Lunch
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 1/3 cup fat free Greek style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 4-5 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 4 slices reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 medium avocado, cut into 16 slices
- 1/2 mango, peeled, pitted and cut into 16 slices
- Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise and sriracha sauce in a small bowl.
- Combine the chicken, olive oil, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl; mix well.
- Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, about 5-6 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes. With a sharp knife, slice the chicken crosswise into 4-5 slices each.
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with the sriracha sauce. Place 4 slices, sauce side up, on a work surface and top each with 1 slice of cheese, 4 avocado slices, 4 mango slices and the sliced chicken. Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread, sauce side down. Cut each in half crosswise and serve, or wrap and serve later.