These gingerbread crepes are the perfect holiday dessert â€“ full of ginger flavor and topped with a creamy vanilla bean mascarpone filling and ginger cranberry compote.
- cocoa powder
- Dark brown sugar
- For Cranberry Compote
- For Gingerbread Crepes:
- For Mascarpone Filling:
- Fresh cranberries
- grated fresh ginger
- Ground ginger
- heavy cream
- instant espresso powder
- Mascarpone cheese
- Melted butter
- orange juice (or water)
- pumpkin pie spice
- vanilla bean paste
- white whole wheat flour
- Whole milk
- For the gingerbread crepes: Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until combined and smooth and let sit for 30 minutes.
- While your mixture sites start your filling and compote.
- Stir your mixture after resting and if it looks too thick thin it out slightly with a little water. The mixture should be thinner than pancake batter but thicker than water.
- Heat your 9.5-inch pan over medium high heat and pour in Â¼ cup crepe batter and swirl the pan to allow the batter to spread all around the pan. Let it cook until the crepe appears dry on the top â€“ about 45 seconds. Flip and cook on the other side until itâ€™s lightly browned.
- Continue cooking until all the crepe batter has been used.
- Spread a thin layer of mascarpone filling onto one side of the crepe and roll up. Top with a little more filling and then top with cranberry compote.
- For mascarpone filling: Add all ingredients to the bowl of an electric mixer and blend until combined and fluffy â€“ about 1 minute.
- For cranberry compote: In a small skillet add all ingredients and cook over medium high heat until the cranberries start to pop. Using your spatula to smash the berries as they begin to soften. Cook until the mixture is thick like jam. Remove from the heat and let cool.