Deep Fried Okra & Shallots with Fresh Cilantro is the perfect side to accompany any southern meal.
- Course: Side Dish
- fresh cilantro
- fresh okra
- Maldon sea salt
- Peanut oil
- Heat oil to 350Â°F.
- While oil is heating, remove stems & slice okra in half lengthwise.
- Cut shallot into thin slices.
- Fry okra until crisp & golden, about 7 or 8 minutes.
- While okra fries, coarsely chop cilantro.
- Add shallots to okra for the last 2-3 minutes of frying.
- Remove with a slotted spoon & let excess oil drain onto a paper towel.
- Toss with fresh cilantro, salt and a squeeze of fresh lemon.