Fresh Ginger and Lemon Infused Green Tea with HoneyBy Marge Perry & David Bonom
Bright, piquant flavors are infused into the tea: make them as strong or subtle as you like by controlling the amount of time you allow them to brew before depressing the plunger.
- Yield: 4 cups
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 fresh lemon slices
- 6 peeled quarter size slices fresh ginger
- 2 1/2 tablespoons loose green tea
- Bring the water and honey to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, combine the lemon and ginger slices in a 5 cup tea pot. Add the tea to the infuser.
- Fill the carafe with the boiling water and cover the infuser with the plunger. Allow to brew 5-6 minutes (or as desired). Slowly press the plunger down to filter the tea and end the brewing process. Pour and serve.