This quick and easy Mexican-inspired stir-fry is delicious and healthy â€“ lime quinoa topped with spicy fajita chicken and strips of red pepper and onion will quickly become your new favorite family dinner.
- cayenne pepper
- chicken breast halves
- For the Fajita Stir Fry
- For the Lime Quinoa
- Garlic Powder
- ground cumin
- olive oil
- red bell pepper
- Roma tomatoes
- Yellow onion
- To make the Lime Quinoa: In a large saucepan, cook quinoa according to the instructions on the package. Once the quinoa is cooked, add lime zest and juice and stir well. Set aside.
- To make the Fajita Stir Fry: Preheat the wok, stir fry, or large skillet over medium heat. Add one tablespoon of olive oil and swirl around to coat the bottom of the pan.
- In a small measuring cup, whisk together the spices (cumin, salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and paprika). Add olive oil and whisk well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken strips with the spice mixture. Toss to coat the chicken.
- Add the chicken to the hot pan and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes. Place the chicken on a plate and set aside.
- Add pepper and onion to the pan. Add more olive oil if needed. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the vegetables and stir together. Cook together for 3 minutes on medium low heat.
- Remove from the heat and serve over Lime Quinoa.