The only thing better than a chocolate cream pie is one in a wonderful chocolate cookie crumb crust. If a person has a craving for chocolate, I donâ€™t see the point of going halfway, yâ€™all.
- Chocolate curls
- chocolate wafer crumbs
- cold butter
- Egg yolks
- heavy cream
- semisweet chocolate
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Whole milk
- Makes 8 - 10 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
- To make the crust: In a medium bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, melted butter, and sugar
- To make the filling: In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, and salt.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, bring the remaining 1 1/2 cups milk to a boil over medium high
- Pour the filling into the cooled piecrust and smooth the surface with a small spatula. Cover
- Place the pie in the fridge until thoroughly cooled and set, about 2 hours.
- Just before serving, make the topping: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk
- From PAULA DEEN'S SOUTHERN COOKING BIBLE. Copyright Â© 2011 by Paula Deen. Published by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Reprinted with permission.