Seasoned with cumin, coriander, garlic and chipotle chili powder, these easy steak kabobs are a perfect entree for summer entertaining. Paired with the Roasted Red Pepper Pesto, the kabobs are smoky, sweet, juicy, and take less work than your guest will ever guess!
- Yield: Serves – 4
All you need for this recipe and more...
2 pounds flat iron steak, cut into 1 ½ inch cubes
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
1 cup walnuts
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sour cream
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Whisk together olive oil, garlic, cumin, coriander and chili powder in medium sized bowl. Add steak to the bowl and toss to coat. Cover and marinate at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Combine red peppers, walnuts, garlic, vinegar, sour cream, olive oil, and salt in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until service.
- Place 4-5 pieces of steak on a wooden skewer and repeat with remaining steak. Season each skewer with salt on all sides.
- Preheat a grill pan over moderately high heat. Cook 3-4 kabobs at a time, about 4-5 minutes total, flipping Â¼ turn after each minute (for medium rare). Remove from pan and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve kabobs with roasted red pepper pesto.