This appetizer is a sophisticated, yet simple to prepare, dish thatâ€™s rich with luscious flavors of Fontina cheese, Italian sausage and Italian parsley.
- Fennel seed
- fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- Grated fontina
- crumbled robiola or taleggio cheese
- Hot Italian sausage
- coarse-textured bread
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
- Crumble the sausage in a bowl. Add the crumbled cheese, fennel seeds, parsley and salt to taste.
- Spread onto the bread, distributing evenly.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven until golden and crispy, 15 minutes.