With a lifetime of new beginnings ahead, remember to nourish each other well. Start by taking time with each other. Begin with this warm and toasty Croque Monsieur and crispy fries, then add a Champagne mimosa for the perfect finish. And remember, the best is always yet to come.
- Course: Lunch
- Crusty bread
- GruyÃ©re or Emmental cheese
- Orange Juice
- Peanut oil
- Sea salt
- Top off with Champagne.
- Croque Monsieur
- Butter bread on one side.
- Layer ham and cheese on the unbuttered side of two bread slices. Top with the remaining bread,buttered side out.
- Dust each sandwich with the cheese and herb mixture.
- Toast in a preheated skillet, about 3 minutes each side, until each side is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Crispy Fries
- Heat peanut oil to 325 degrees F in a deep pot.
- Fry the potatoes for 5-6 minutes, gently stirring to cook evenly.
- Drain fries on parchment paper.
- Toss with sea salt.