Winter squash is abundant when itâ€™s cold out. This spiced up soupâ€™s aroma will nicely scent your house, and eating it warms you up from the inside. Use your favorite winter squash or try a new variety for this, they are all yummy.
- Chopped onion
- finely minced fresh ginger
- fresh squeezed lime juice
- light or regular coconut milk
- peeled and chopped winter squash
- red or yellow curry paste
- vegetable broth
- Vegetable Oil
- Add the oil to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and sautÃ© for about 2 minutes
- Add the garlic and ginger and curry powder or paste. Saute another minute or so.
- Add the squash, coconut milk or water and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, until the squash is tender.
- Using an immersion blender blend the soup until it is the consistency that you like, completely smooth or with a few chunks.
- Add the lime juice and salt. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- op with chopped cilantro or parsley and garnish with a wedge of lime.