- Course: Lunch
- Fennel seeds
- Israeli couscous
- Large fresh basil leaves
- olive oil
- Summer vegetables
- Uncooked prawns
- white wine
- Blanch vegetables until nearly cooked.
- Refresh in iced water, drain, and set aside.
- Toast the couscous and fennel for 1 to 2 minutes in a dry saucepan, shaking pan over heat. Add the wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until liquid is nearly absorbed.
- Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups salted water or stock, and cook 6 to 8 minutes more or until tender, adding more water if it is absorbed before couscous is done cooking.
- When couscous is nearly cooked, bring a splash more wine to the pan and add the prawns, cooking until opaque. Add the vegetables and cook (just to reheat).
- Pour over the couscous with the basil, lemon juice, and oil, and then toss to combine. Serve straight away and top with the lemon zest.