A fun holiday brunch idea, this easy French toast recipe features a tangy, coconut cheesecake filling and a chunky berry sauce thatâ€™s sure to impress everyone.
- additional powdered sugar
- Berry Sauce:
- coconut cream
- coconut extract
- Cold Water
- Cream cheese
- French bread
- French Toast
- fresh or frozen berry mixture
- granulated sugar
- Powdered sugar
- red raspberries
- To make the berry sauce, combine the cold water, raspberries, cornstarch, and granulated sugar. Cook over medium heat stirring until the mixture thickens and turns clear. Stir in the additional 2 and Â½ cups fresh or frozen berries and cook for an additional minute or two until the berries start to soften.
- Slice the French bread into six 1 inch slices. Then, using a sharp bread knife, make an additional slice down the middle of each piece, stopping Â½ inch from the bottom. Set aside.
- To make the coconut filling, beat together the cream cheese, coconut cream, coconut extract, and powdered sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Spread 1-2 tablespoons of the coconut cheesecake mixture in the middle of each piece of bread.
- Beat the eggs with a whisk and then whisk in the milk, cinnamon, salt and vanilla. Pour the mixture into a pie pan or 9â€round cake pan . Heat a greased 3 Qt. sautÃ© pan or large skillet over medium heat. Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture for a few seconds, allowing each side to soak up a bit of the egg mixture. Place three pieces of toast in the pan and cook until lightly browned and the center cooked through about 3-4 minutes for each side. Repeat with the remaining three slices.
- To serve, place each piece of toast on a plate and top with a generous helping of berry sauce. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar if desired.